Liverpool One2One Photo Workshop
Albert Dock Half Day & Dusk
£180 (includes free eBook)
Various Saturday dates available for this one day workshop. Email me with your choice of date.
This iconic city, famous the world around, synonymous with the Beatles, loved for its humour and with a rich heritage from its docks, the redeveloped waterfront is an ideal location for a photo walk.
During the photo workshop we will cover a range of techniques required for urban photography. We’ll look at the use of different lenses, creating abstracts, shooting for impact and making creative compositions.
Learn about the various controls and settings on your camera including choice of shutter speed and aperture, reading the histogram, changing ISO and using White Balance for creativity. As day turns to dusk, we turn to the support of our tripods and capture the majesty of the floodlit buildings reflecting in the waters of the docks. The photo walk is a One2One workshop, to guarantee personal tuition and individual help where needed.
The workshop starts around midday (depending on time of year) and lasts 6 hours.
Please note: This workshop only runs Oct-March.
You will need to bring:
- A digital SLR. Alternatively, you can even bring a bridge camera or Compact System Camera, such as the Olympus OMD, Fuji X-series, as this will suit our shooting style for the day.
- A range of lenses from wide angle to telephoto. Any filters you have will be useful, but we have a range of Lee Filters for you to try.
- A tripod is essential for our dusk images, though we concentrate on shooting handheld during the afternoon and tailor our cameras to suit this style of shooting.
- Waterproof clothing and sensible footwear.
Highlights of the day include:
- Albert Dock.
- Liver Building.
- Museum of Liverpool
- Port of Liverpool Building
- Liverpool One
- Liverpool Echo Wheel
The workshop price also includes a free copy of my eBook ‘Urban Landscapes’. This book covers many of the techniques that will be demonstrated on the Liverpool Photo Walk and therefore makes an ideal companion to the workshop.
To book a place, please e-mail me to request a suitable date, then complete the booking form below and return with full payment or pay via the PayPal option below.
Print out the Booking Form and return
Book a place £180